Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday... on Thursday - ugly top to cute sundress!

Yes, i'm behind schedule yet again ;). I finished this up last night, and wanted to wait for better lighting for the picture of the dress. I've been hanging on to this top that I got at a garage sale for a while now. It looked so cute, and I love the fabric and the pockets and the colors, but trust me when I say it was awful looking on!



Now I was originally intending on making it into a skirt, so I wanted a coordinating stretchy sweater to use for the waistband. This merino blend was perfect!



As a skirt it was too long, and I wasn't liking it as much as I thought I would. I tried pulling it up, and it looked cute as a dress, so I made some shoulder straps, and voila! Cute sundress!



7 comments:

Christina AKA SuperMom said...

Beautiful! Way to go!

Unknown said...

love it! way to resweater, recycle+revamp!

SewLindaAnn said...

That is now beautiful!

Resweater said...

Thanks! :)

It's super comfy! I forgot how nice a sundress feels on a hot day.

Rachel @ TLC Inspirations said...

Completely brilliant - and I LOVE the bright, summery colors!

LBB said...

OMG I LOVE THAT DRESS! You did such a great job! I'd live in that dress :D

Resweater said...

Thank you! You are so sweet!